The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Face of the Future award is open for submission until February 28, 2013. The winner will receive exposure global media exposure via PATA Communications channels, a round-trip economy flight to Frankfurt with accommodation to visit the IMEX, May 21- 23, 2013, and an opportunity to attend the PATA Annual Summit in Bangkok, Thailand.
PATA builds your travel industry people, so each year a special award is presented to an exceptional young leader in travel and tourism who has exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of tourism. He or she has also demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA's mission. The award is known as the PATA Face of the Future.
“PATA enhances collaboration with academics and educational institutions and provides a motivating factor for the future dynamic leadership of the travel and tourism industry” – PATA Face of the Future 2010, Thomas Toney Kulampalil, Senior Lecturer and Programme Director, School of Tourism, Taylor's University, Malaysia.
“The PATA Face of the Future award programme has been an amazing learning experience. With events and forums provided by PATA and IMEX, I have been fortunate to meet and learn from industry leaders who are passionate about sustainable tourism. Through Face of the Future, I was also able to showcase my beautiful homeland Samoa , and its unique people and culture. Thank you PATA and Face of the Future for such a wonderful experience” -- Tavalea Nilon, PATA Face of the Future winner 2011
“Winning the PATA Face of the Future award has not only been wonderful industry-led recognition, but it has connected me directly with inspiring travel and tourism leaders across the globe. I've been able to engage in meaningful and relevant discussions on topics in our industry, as well as provide input on cross-border committees with the view of provoking a ‘next gen' thought-driven approach. The Face of the Future is a truly unique opportunity to have a voice and hear from today's leading experts. It can only contribute positively to anyone's career journey” –PATA Face of the Future 2012, Justin Malcolm, General Manager, Aloft Bangkok – Sukhumvit 11.
The 2013 PATA Face of the Future Award will be presented to one outstanding individual at the Association's next PATA Annual Summit, April 25 - 28, 2013 at the Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre, Bangkok, Thailand.
An individual is eligible to enter the 2013 PATA ‘Face of the Future' Award if he or she is:
- Aged 35 and below as of April 24, 2013
- Working for a PATA member organisation (in good-standing as of April 24, 2013)
- Undertaking post-graduate travel and tourism studies at a PATA member educational institution
The judges will seek to identify an individual who has best:
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects)
- Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA's mission
The finalists will be judged by former PATA Face of the Future Winners, external judges and PATA management.
HOW TO ENTER
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person can make the nomination
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee's full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee's experiences to date and aspirations for the future of travel and tourism industry
- Please email the entry, clearly labelled “PATA Face of the Future 2013 Nomination,” to Parita Niemwongse at fof@PATA.org by March 15, 2013